Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Bentley Envy


Living in Altrincham has made me realise that even Manchester has its rather splendid areas. Having moved to the north from Islington, I initially found myself scouting out areas with little idea of what they were like. Having viewed houses that turned out to be in somewhat less than desirable areas (they certainly don't show that in the brochure), I eventually found myself in the Altrincham environs, and almost immediately knew that this was a well-to-do area that would allow me to settle without worry.

The first things I saw as I pulled into the driveway of the property that I was due to view was not the rather becoming Victorian exterior or the period features, but the neighbour's car. To be precise, a Bentley. Now I'm not one to try and keep up with the Joneses, but the sight of such a prestigious car is enough to spark a pang of desire in any breast, and I was not spared this fleeting moment of aspiration.

Whilst waiting for completion I mulled things over. Fortunately I didn't buy the house I saw that day, as I daresay it would have looked rather obvious had I moved in and later acquired a car to match the neighbours! But I did choose Altrincham as my base, and to my delight I discovered that there was a Bentley dealership not far from my new environs.

Obviously buying a house and a car at the same time is a rather pricey venture, and I therefore thought it prudent to opt for a used Bentley model. I am very glad that I did, because the savings that I made on a model only four years old and with one previous owner were quite astounding. Discovering the delights of Alderley Edge and the Peak District is a fresh experience every time, and I hope that one day my used Bentley will inspire someone else to obtain the same pleasure that I have!

Laura Riley couldn't resist the charms of a used Bentley

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Laura_Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment